Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dr. Seuss ABC Quilt


This quilt was made from a Dr. Seuss ABC quilt panel with side borders of coordinating Dr. Seuss fabrics by Robert Kaufman Fabrics. I love the vibrancy of this quilt, with it's saturated bright primary colors. It's my slightly modified version of "It's Sew Emma's" BIG A - LITTLE A quilt pattern, available free from www.FatQuarterShop.com. 



I chose a steel gray Moda crosssweave texture fabric for a more subdued backing, with a banner of Dr. Seuss fabrics thrown in for fun. This quilt was made for my great niece and nephew, Ari & Hyrum. Makes me want to snuggle up and read some Dr. Seuss favorites!


Quilt Stats:

  • 34 1/2" x 44 1/2" lap quilt
  • Dr. Seuss ABC quilt panel- Robert Kaufman Fabrics
  • Assorted Robert Kaufman Dr. Seuss fabrics
  • Wavy horizontal channel quilting
  • Finished: January 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment